Skip to page content
  • The Gateway to Dartmoor
  • Call us on +44 1626 834217

Bovey Tracey Town Council is dedicated to its residents; if we cannot assist with your enquiry we will always point you in the right direction.  Below is a list of various Local Authority services and who is responsible for each.

Bovey Tracey Town Council is responsible for / involved with the following services.

If you would like to report any problems relating to these please contact us.

  • Allotments
  • Management of Mill Marsh Park, the Recreation Ground
  • Christmas lights
  • Remembrance Sunday
  • Awarding grants
  • Planning & Highways  (making observations only)
  • Grounds maintenance of Town Council owned assets including floral tubs and displays
  • Certain street furniture such as bus shelters, benches, bins, noticeboards and war memorials
  • Public toilets
  • Bovey Tracey Cemetery

Teignbridge District Council is responsible for the following services.

  • Planning and building regulations (decision making)
  • Off street parking / car parks
  • Household and garden waste collections and recycling
  • Licensing
  • Council housing
  • Council Tax and Business Rates
  • Leisure Centres
  • Graffiti removal
  • Tree preservation and conservation areas
  • Housing

Devon County Council is responsible for the following services.

If you are aware of any problems relating to these you can report it online.

  • Roads and Highways including signage, drainage and speed limits - report a problem
  • Footpaths
  • Street lighting
  • On-street parking controls
  • Schools
  • Libraries
  • Social care, blue badges, health care

Tell the police where you feel unsafe using a new mapping tool

The Police and Crime Commissioner for Devon, Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly is urging residents of the force area to take a few minutes to let police know where and why they feel unsafe.